The Leeds University Union building is located at the heart of the University of Leeds campus.
Tel: 0113 3801 400,
Fax: 0113 3801 205
Getting to campus
For directions to the University of Leeds campus, visit the University website at: www.leeds.ac.uk.
Once you have reached campus there are large maps throughout the area (view online at www.leeds.ac.uk/campus-life) but here are the main routes to the Union building through the campus...
Getting to the Union building
From Woodhouse Lane / Parkinson Building / main bus route (numbers 1, 6, 56, 95)
- Facing the Parkinson steps go through the large white archways to the left hand side.
- Continue walking straight up the path, passing the Michael Sadler Building on your left and the Baines Wing and Great Hall on your right.
- When you reach a courtyard on your right hand side turn left after Beech Grove House- the small building on your left. NB If you reach the Clothworkers buildings or the overhead bridge you have gone too far.
- Leeds University Union is then straight in front of you.
From Calverly Street roundabout (approaching from Leeds General Infirmary, Millennium Square)
- At the roundabout take the road marked Leeds University. Follow the road round walking past the new sports hall- The Edge.
- At the end of The Edge go up the path to the right hand side (not down the ramp).
- Walk around the pond to the right and then up the set of stairs on the left hand corner of the building opposite (E.C.Stoner Building). Continue up to the top of the three flights of stairs, passing the Edward Boyle library on your right.
- At the top of the step head straight on until you reach the end of the courtyard on your left and turn left.
- You will then pass a small house and walk through a set of iron gates. LUU is the large building on your left hand side.
From the Free Bus drop-off point (at the Dental Hospital)
- Alight the bus when you see the Dental Hospital on your right hand side.
- Turn back up the road you have driven down and you will immediately see the car park on your right (building labeled “West Wing”). Walk through the car park to the road on the other side, Mount Preston Street.
- Turn left out of the car park and head straight on, passing Café on the Campus and the Faversham on your left and the new halls of residence on your right.
- When you reach the end of the Halls of Residence turn right onto Cromer Terrace. Keep heading straight on to the end of that road, passing Bright Beginnings on your left and the Cromer Terrace Gym on your right.
- Turn right at the end of the road and LUU is halfway down the pedestrianised street on your right hand side, just after the Refectory.
From Hyde Park / Woodhouse Moor/ Business School
- Approaching from Moorland Road with Woodhouse Moor on your left, cross over the main road (Clarendon Road) at the pedestrian crossing and head straight on towards the barrier in front of you. Turn right before the barrier and then immediately left onto Lifton Place.
- Head straight on past the Psychology department onto the pedestrianised area through the barrier.
- LUU is halfway down the pedestrianised street on your right hand side, just after the Refectory.
Should you have any problems accessing the Union building or questions about LUU, please contact the Helpdesk team on email firstname.lastname@example.org on telephone 0113 3801 400.